You’re planning on organizing an event and need the guests to register for it. After all, that’s how you’d know how many people are likely to turn up for the event.
So you’re looking for a tool that makes it easier for you to get people to register for your event.
But ever since the pandemic has hit the world, contactless event registrations have become important. Hence, it’s necessary for you to ensure the same.
In this article, we’ll discuss how a single tool can help you get contactless registrations and also generate event tickets against them automatically.
Keep reading to know more.
A. Contactless event registration: a brief
Traditionally, event organizers would hand out registration forms to potential attendees. Interested ones would fill out the form and give it back to the event committee.
However, there are two problems. First, paper-based forms are prone to disease spread. Why? Because they do not ensure contactless arrangements.
Second, it is not easy to handle the data gathered via these forms. But digital forms help you gather and maintain data readily with a few clicks.
Hence, digital forms are the most sought-after by event organizers. And tools such as Ticket Generator do not only help you create a registration form but a whole landing page. People can see this mobile-optimized landing page (just like a website). This page can have details such as:
- Banner images
- Event details
- Description box
- Form fields
- Register button
- Upload file: Here, guests can upload documents such as ID proof for approval
In addition, Ticket Generator also allows you to automatically create event tickets against each registration.
After all, once you get attendee details, you’d have to create the passes anyway. So why not use a single tool that helps you do both tasks together?
Here’s how it works:
- You use Ticket Generator to create the landing page to specify event details
- You also specify the details (such as name, email, etc.) that guests need to fill out for registration
- The page link is generated. You put this link on your promotional creatives
- The audience submits the registration form. The registrations are approved manually or automatically (depending on what you chose while creating the form)
- Once registration is complete, a ticket is created and sent to the end-user
Quite simple! No need to use two different tools to spend a lot of time and effort.
To help you understand it better, here’s a sneak peek at it:
B. Benefits of the contactless event registration feature
1. Touchless operations
As mentioned above, the whole process of registration is contactless. That means safety for both your guests and the staff alike. You can even help your audience access the registration page quickly via a Website URL QR Code.
Simply add the registration page link to it and create the QR Code. Then add this QR Code to your promotional material. As end-users scan it, they’ll be taken to the landing page without typing any link manually.
In addition, the process of ticket validation on the day of the event is contactless too. Event coordinators simply have to use their smartphones. How?
Each ticket generated via Ticket Generator comes with a unique QR Code. This QR Code features a unique ID encoded.
And all an event coordinator needs to do is to install the Ticket Validator app to scan this QR Code. Doing this will reveal whether it’s a valid, invalid, or duplicate ticket. Here’s what they’ll see:
This, therefore, leaves no room for any duplicate or unauthorized entries to your event.
2. A branded landing page
The landing page you design need not be dull and boring. Ticket Generator allows you to customize your landing page by adding various details. For example, description box, file, banner images, register button, and form fields.
This way, you’ll be able to make the landing page branded to your event or business.
3. Sustainable and scalable solution
A popular saying goes, “If a tool doesn’t save you time or money, you shouldn’t be using it.“
Traditionally, the whole process of getting registrations, creating tickets, and sending them to the guests took a lot of time.
But Ticket Generator eases it for you as explained in earlier sections of the article.
And not just time, it saves you money too.
You only need to pay for the tickets you create. No hidden or extra costs.
4. A quick and simple process
The best part is that it makes the journey simple for both the event organizer and the attendees.
As an organizer, you only need to mention event details, specify ticket design, and generate a registration link.
And the guests will simply have to click on the link, fill out the form, and get the ticket.
A win-win situation for both the stakeholders alike.
C. How to generate tickets via the event registration feature
Now that you know how contactless event registration works, let’s see how you can proceed.
Using Ticket Generator for demo purposes, here’s how you can do it:
1. Go to Ticket Generator and sign-up
Note that you’ll not have to enter your card details. Also, you’ll get the first 10 ticket credits for free upon completing the sign-up process. Each credit will help you generate one ticket.
2. From the dashboard, click Create Ticket from the sidebar and select the Bulk option
3. Here you’ll have to create an event. Click on Create Event option from the dropdown menu
4. Now specify details such as event name, time, and venue. Once done, click on Create
5. Next, you can specify the ticket design. Here you can choose from two options—Upload Your Design and Default Design
The Upload Own Design option allows you to add your own readymade ticket template as the design. You can also click on the + icon to add variable information that will be unique for each ticket such as guest name, seat number, etc.
Or you can also choose the Default Design option that allows you to add a logo, colors, or a background image to the ticket.
6. Once you’ve designed the ticket, click Done
Select delivery method
7. From the Delivery Methods on your screen, select Generate Form Link option
8. On the page that loads, you’ll be able to design the registration page. You can do it by adding:
- Event description
- Form fields for the guests to fill out
- Customized button text
Once you’re done customizing the page, click Done Editing.
9. Now you can choose if you’d want the registrations to be approved manually or automatically
Note that once the registration has been approved, the ticket will be sent to the recipient automatically. Also, if you want to cap the number of registrations, you can mention the same under the Registration Limit.
10. Once you’re done, click on Update Settings
11. You’ll then be taken to the Registrations page. Here, select the event from the dropdown menu
12. Next, you can test the registration process using the Test Registration Link. Note that no ticket credits will be spent using this link
Once you’re done testing, you can copy the Live URL to get registrations.
Note that for each registration approved and ticket generated, you’ll spend one ticket credit.
That’s it. That is how you can use the event registration feature to make your event safe and secure.
D. Monitoring the registrations
Let’s now see how you can monitor the registrations. Well, you can do it via this Registrations Table. Here’s how:
1. Go to the Ticket Generator dashboard and click on Registrations
2. Select the event from the drop-down menu
3. Once done, you will see Event and Registration Details, and Registration Table
4. Now go to the Registration Table option and you will see details such as approval status, guest email and mobile number, actions, and ticket status
Here, you’ll even see the option to approve or reject registration (if you choose to approve the registrations manually)
Depending on your action, the event ticket will be generated and sent to the guest. This can be done via email, SMS, or both.
That’s it. That is how the entire event registration process works.
E. How to validate tickets
Now that your guests have received the tickets, let’s see how you can validate them at the entry gate.
To do it, you’ll first have to add coordinators for the event within the Ticket Generator. Once you do it, they’ll be authorized to validate the tickets. Here’s how to do it:
1. From the dashboard, go to the Manage Event section
2. Select the required event and click on three horizontal dots under the More option
3. Now click on Add/Edit Coordinator
Here, you can specify the email address of each coordinator. Once you do it, the coordinators will receive an email invitation. They can then use it to log into the Ticket Validator app on their phones.
4. Next, they’ll have to install the app on their smartphones via Google Play Store or App Store and login
5. Using the app, they’ll have to select the event they need to validate tickets for. They can then click on Scan QR Code and get started with validating the tickets by scanning the unique QR Code on each ticket
Doing this will tell them if it’s a valid, duplicate, or invalid ticket.
That’s it. That is how your event management team can validate entries.
This is all you need to know about contactless event registration. You can now create your own contactless event registration form and execute the entry management process in a seamless way.