Are you looking for ways how to increase registrations for an event?
It’s hard to attract people to sign up for your event, whether it’s online or in person. Therefore, it becomes all the more important to think of innovative ways to increase registrations.
Event registration is a crucial factor in executing a successful event. That’s because unless you know whether people are going to turn up for the event or not and how many of them will be there, you can’t make the necessary arrangements.
In fact, there are a lot of things that registrations take care of. For example,
- Creates a positive impression on the attendees
- Helps envisage potential revenue streams
- Easier to collect data and information about the attendees
- Helps improve efficiency and reduce errors
- Assists in saving time and money
In this article, we’ve listed the best ways to answer how to increase registrations for an event.
A. How to increase registrations for an event
You’re looking for ways to increase registrations for your event. That’s great!
But where to get started?
The foundation of any successful event is attendance. You can set several goals for your events as an event planner.
Without participants, however, the best course of action is to get people to register and participate.
Here are some ways to do just that!
1. Use an event registration application
First things first.
Before you go on to promote anything, first get an event registration system in place.
Enter Ticket Generator. Not only it is an event registration application but is rather a one-stop solution for many things. For example, it helps you:
- Automatically generate event passes against each registration
- Create standard or custom-designed tickets
- Generate unique tickets in bulk by adding a QR Code
- Download and send event tickets via dashboard or API
- Create and promote the event page and registration form
- Send tickets for automatic or manual approval
- Secure each entry with the Ticket Validator app for iOS and Android for authorized entry
- Enable fast check-in and avoid human errors
- Low setup cost, as no additional hardware is required to scan tickets
- Get event attendance data and make better decisions for future events
Have questions? Read all the FAQs now!
2. Create a short registration form
When you create a registration page, don’t overwhelm people with many fields.
Rather, give a quick, simple, and well-optimized landing page that’s easy to fill out.
Simplify registrations for your guests by giving them a crisp and concise form. Also, make the page engaging enough so that people can enter their details seamlessly.
3. Build an attractive landing page
“Landing page” refers to the destination web link you want to take the end-users to.
It could be in response to any form of promotion. For example, promotional mail, online advertisement, or tailored search engine result.
When creating a landing page to maximize registrations, also consider the following:
- Focus the content to accommodate only the crucial information. Don’t overdo it
- Only ask important questions. Don’t ask too many of them (which are not really important either)
- Add urgency indicators to fast-track people’s decision-making process
- Highlight how people will benefit from attending the event
- Make the landing page action-oriented, i.e. to increase event registration
4. Advertise the event
Paid ads are effective when it comes to promoting your event.
However, to maximize the impact of your efforts, you must be wise with the money.
To reach a large audience, social media is a key platform for event promotions.
You can reach your target audience using the paid advertising features on
Remember searching for, say shoes, online?
Then you’d remember seeing ads on every major social media channel shortly after that. That’s because many sellers target audience searching for relevant services online via social media.
You can run such ads too and target people who’d be interested in your event.
Say, you want to promote your upcoming music festival. Here, you could target people who:
– Are interested in music festivals and concerts
– Have singing, playing instruments, music, etc. as their hobby
– Follow similar events and fests online
Social media is cheap, and it converts. It shall help generate buzz and significantly increase engagement.
5. Use email marketing
Email marketing is a fantastic way to advertise your event and update guests.
You can make sure that everyone is on the same page and looking forward to the big day.
Through emails, you can send out reminders and updates on a regular basis.
You can even attach the registration form within it to make the registration process easier.
The best thing is email marketing makes even helps you monitor your response rates right away.
6. Run social media contests
Everyone is a game when it comes to fun contests, right?
You can tap into it and greatly benefit from it. Running social media giveaways and contests can increase the fun factor in your event promotions.
It will lead to increased registrations for your event.
These contests translate into better engagement for your campaign.
For example, you can create “Tag a friend” contest on your social media handles.
Tag-a-friend competitions combine sharing and commenting. And when people participate, it has a cascading effect. One friend tags another, who tags another, and so on.
7. Invite influencers/speakers to your event
Industry thought leaders could increase trust and increase event registrations.
You can contact them and ask them to post about the event on their websites and social media.
Encourage them to advertise the event throughout the sessions to draw in more participants. It’s a general consensus that event speakers, websites, and sponsors are thought of as influencers.
Keynote speakers prefer to promote themselves. However, a polite reminder for cross-promotion can be quite effective.
Giving keynote speakers the desired data for advertising helps you with promotion.
8. Offer coupons and discounts
Rewarding the first few registrants with early bird offers is a fantastic way of advertising.
You can create a deadline with a limited number of tickets. This way, you restrict the number of tickets offered at a reduced price.
You can gauge the analytics while visiting the event website or related platforms. Early bird discounts can aid in data collection.
They aid people in remembering the occasion and contacting for registrations. You can also promote the offer via social media campaigns and emails to your contacts.
9. Run a giveaway
Giveaways are a great way to increase interest in the event. Additionally, people frequently take part in online or offline raffles to win prizes.
After making the event public, you can organize a contest to give free or discounted tickets.
For instance, people can win by sharing the event on social media or by tagging friends.
Additionally, for the ones who register, you can give them the chance to win something. It may be event tickets or a VIP experience.
You can inspire and excite event attendees in numerous ways. For example, cap the registration date for discounted offers.
10. Create branded hashtags
Nothing works better to increase registrations of an event than branded hashtags.
Hashtags can make an event popular and increase awareness among people.
Your hashtag will help attendees or others interact with you before, during, or after the event.
It’ll also help you track the times your event has been mentioned on social media.
11. Collaborate with sponsors and brands
One way to promote your event and increase event registrations is through collaborating with sponsors and brands.
But before you go on to do that, ask yourself some important questions, such as:
- Which speaker would generate the most hype for your target audience?
- Which influencer does your target audience follow?
- What’s the most preferred brand of your target audience?
Answering these questions would help you greatly to increase event registrations. How?
Say, you’re hosting an outdoor adventure event for millennials and Gen-Z. You know your potential target audience, so it makes sense that:
- Your landing page copy reflects the language and tone they prefer
- You can go for the influencers or the celebrities your audience resonates with
- The brands in collaboration should be in sync with what you offer, like an energy drink
12. Leverage user-generated content
Utilizing User-Generated Content (UGC) is a great way to humanize your brand and build trust.
Encourage your event attendees to use your branded hashtags on social media.
It’s an excellent way to promote your brand and upcoming events through the media collected.
13. Create an engaged event community
One of the best ways to advertise your event to your target audience is to create a community. It’s easy to bring like-minded people together around a shared interest.
You can use platforms that support community development. For example, Facebook groups, LinkedIn groups, Reddit, and more.
When your community grows, you can publish past events, updates, and upcoming ones to pique interest. Additionally, it’s the ideal venue for distributing teasers and advertisements to guests.
14. Post event, ask for feedback
For an event planner or an organizer, post-event feedback is important.
It serves as a reality check of the event’s positive and negative aspects. It’s critical to keep track of comments if you want to advance in the field of event management.
Only via genuine feedback will you be able to identify areas that need improvement.
For increased event registrations, focus on understanding your target audience.
After that, implement your marketing strategies.
When planning an event, there are several things to consider for increased attendance.
You can include a simple online registration procedure, set your goals, and offer early-bird discounts.
If you’re still reading, you’ve already learned everything about How To Increase Registrations For an Event. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments.