Organizing a concert is no easy thing. At every stage of planning from deciding on which celebrity to call to actually managing the crowd at the entry during the event, the journey is not smooth.
And as a concert organizer, your foremost priority is event security while pushing event sales. But, at present you are bothered by the following concerns:
- Unauthorized entry
You want to make your event safe and secure from trespassers. That is, you do not want any unauthorized entries to the event. Thus, you want to create tickets, which cannot be duplicated.
- Manual validation of tickets
Another problem you face is keeping the attendees waiting in long queues for the entry. You want to ensure a quick ticket check-up to eliminate never-ending lines.
Plus, the risk of a stampede in the concert is always a lurking fear. You do not want attendees to get squashed in the crowd struggling to get entry. Hence, you want a smooth check-in system, which will ensure hassle-free entry.
- Bulk generation of unique tickets
Since it’s a concert, you would need tickets between 1,000-10,000 in quantity. And you are looking for a concert ticket generator tool, which can easily generate printable tickets in bulk.
And you are looking for a solution to resolve all these challenges. All you need is QR Code-based tickets and a professional concert ticket generator that helps create such printable tickets.
Scroll down to know more.
A. QR Code based tickets to your rescue
By creating tickets with QR Codes, you can easily manage, validate, and control entry to the concert. Here is how it works:
1. Every ticket generated has a QR Code on it. This QR Code has a unique ID or a code encoded
2. You can create printable tickets in bulk effortlessly. And can either download it or send it to the recipients via email in just a matter of a few minutes
3. Using a mobile application, you can scan the QR Code and authenticate entries. Upon scanning, you can know whether the ticket is valid, invalid, or duplicate. This way, you can easily manage event entries without any hassle
4. You can also track attendance and know the exact footfall of your event. Besides, you can get analytical data and judge how well the concert performed
So, now you know how these tickets work. Let’s move ahead to detail on how you can generate such concert tickets.
B. How to generate concert tickets
To create QR Code-based concert tickets, you need an online professional tool such as Ticket Generator. This tool creates QR Code-based tickets.
Upon scanning, you can know whether the ticket is valid or not. Using this tool for demo purposes, here are the steps, which you need to follow:
1. Create event
Go to Ticket Generator and sign up to create an account. Note that you get ten free credits to create ten tickets free of cost.
Once logged in, go to Create Event. Here, select the event, if already created. If not, then create an event by adding details such as event description, time zone, and venue.
2. Design tickets
You can choose from the following two options:
i. Upload own design
Say you have a ready-made design template for your ticket. And you want to add a layer of security to it. You can do that in this option.
Here, you can add QR code and ticket ID. Plus, you can also add variable information by clicking on the + button.
ii. Default design
You can use Ticket Generator’s standard design in case you want to create tickets from scratch.
In this option, you can add a logo, change the background color, or the background image of your ticket.
For more information, you can refer to this detailed guide on how to design event tickets.
Once designed, you can click on Preview. Here, you can see how your QR Code based ticket looks. If everything looks fine, proceed to the next step.
3. Delivery method
In this option, you can specify how you actually want the tickets. Plus, here you can upload actual data of variable/unique information.
You can choose from the following four options:
i. Generate form link
By clicking this option, you can design and share your own event registration page with your target audience. Here, you can add images, event description, specify the form fields, and even customize the button text.
ii. Generate and Download
By clicking on this option, you can generate and download the tickets in printable formats (PDF).
iii. Generate and send
Here you can choose from the following three options:
a. Send ticket by email only
In this option, you can specify up to 1,000 email addresses. You can either upload a data file or manually type/paste in the given grid. The ticket will automatically be sent to the recipients.
b. Send ticket by SMS only
Here, you can send tickets to your guests via SMS. You can specify up to 1,000 phone numbers.
c. Send ticket by both email and SMS
Here, you can send tickets both by SMS and email to your guests.
You can also add variable information in the data file you are uploading. For your reference, you can refer to this detailed guide on variable information.
iv. Generate via API
You can integrate your registration system with a ticket generation system. And generate tickets programmatically in real-time via Ticket Generator API.
To know more about it, you can refer to this detailed guide on Ticket Generator API.
That’s all. Your QR Code based concert tickets will be generated.
This way, you can easily create printable concert tickets in bulk.
4. Single tickets for contingencies
Here, you can generate and distribute single tickets to the guests. It is useful in two ways:
a. Having unplanned guests at the last moment
Say you are organizing an event and have created the tickets for it. You have made sure that each guest has been delivered the tickets. But at the last moment, some people have walked down on your event. And you want to give them the tickets
What’d you do? You certainly wouldn’t want to create a whole new batch of tickets again. This is where Quick Ticket can help you. You can generate additional tickets in just a couple of minutes. Here’s how:
1. Login to Ticket Generator
2. Here, you’ll see the dashboard. From here, click on Create Tickets followed by clicking on the Single button
3. Tap on New ticket under Choose Action section
4. Now, you need to select the delivery method—Download Ticket and Send Ticket as per your choice. The download Ticket option allows you to generate and download the ticket. On the other hand, the send ticket option helps you send the ticket to the guest via email ID or phone number
5. Once specified, click Generate & Download (in case of Download Ticket) or click Generate & Send (in case of Send Ticket)
That’s it. A new single ticket will be generated.
b. Resending the tickets
Say you have sent the tickets of your events to your guests via email and phone number but some of them didn’t receive them. Here again, Ticket Generator can help you resend them. Here’s how:
1. Login to Ticket Generator
2. Go to dashboard and click on Create Tickets
3. Then click on the Single button
4. Now select the event for which you want to resend tickets
5. Under the Choose Action section, click on Resend Ticket
6. Now, you’ll be asked to choose your preferred mode of searching the guest’s ticket. You can use the ticket ID to do it. Alternatively, you can also use the guest’s email address or phone number which you entered while creating the ticket
7. After entering these details, click Search. Now, you will see the ticket details
8. Click on View and you’ll be asked to specify the guest’s email ID or phone number. After submitting these details, click Resend
Now, let’s move ahead to detail how you can validate these tickets.
5. Validate tickets
To validate tickets, you need to follow these steps:
a. Download the Ticket Validator app (Google Play, App Store). Upon scanning with this app, you can know which ticket is genuine.
b. Go to the Manage Event section and click on Add/Edit Coordinator. Here, you can specify the respective email addresses. The coordinators will then receive an email invitation, which will have their login credentials for Ticket Validator.
Once they login, they can then scan the concert ticket and spot the invalid, valid, and the duplicate one.
This way you can authenticate tickets quickly. Plus, it just takes a few seconds to scan the QR Code on the ticket and grant access. Hence, you no longer need to keep your audience waiting in long queues.
And with such a smooth entry procedure, you will also be able to keep the crowd under control.
6. Track attendance
Using this app, you can also track the performance of your event. That is, you can get analytical data based on the following parameters:
- Percentage of people who attended the event
- Number of tickets validated per coordinator
- Attendance on the different time periods (by hours, days) of the event
- Number of used, new, expired, and invalid tickets
- Number of duplicate and re-entry allowed tickets
The data will give you useful insights and lead you to make better decisions for your next concert.
So, by using Ticket Generator, you can authenticate and manage the crowd to your concert feasibly. Besides, you can get reports on event efficiency and performance.
Now, as you become ready to generate tickets for your concert, there are some things, which you need to keep in mind for best results in event management. So, now let’s move ahead to state some of the best practices, which will help you manage the crowd efficiently.
C. Crowd Management: Best Practices
Concerts are generally marked by stampede and mayhem. People end up losing their belongings, getting squashed in the crowd, and getting injured.
And as a concert organizer, you would least want it to happen in your concert. So, in order to avoid these situations to some extent, you can follow these best practices:
1. Undergo a risk assessment
You need to be aware of all the risks involving your concert.
For example, you can be extra cautious and take tight security measures if you are inviting a controversial figure to your concert. Or if your concert is being organized any closer to a dangerous area (such as gangsters’ dwellings and highways).
This activity will help you know the prominent threats facing your event. And lead you to take appropriate event security measures.
2. Have an estimate of the footfall
You should always know an estimate of how many people are expected to turn up at your concert. For example, you can get this idea from how many people actually marked interested on the event post you created on social media.
Another obvious parameter is getting an estimate of the number of tickets sold for the concert.
By knowing the footfall, you can take crowd control measures accordingly. For example, you can employ crowd control barricades.
This will demarcate the area and restrict people from going beyond.
3. Keep multiple entry access points
By keeping entry access at different stops, you can keep the crowd entry under control. This practice will ensure that there is no large crowd at a single entry gate. This way, you can avoid stampedes and also endless audience queues at the entry.
Furthermore, you can specify different zones in your concert—VIP(gold), silver, and normal entry. For example, concerts, which take place in colleges provide VIP access to students of the same college. This keeps the crowd separated and helps in proper control
4. Form multiple emergency exit points
Keep visible multiple emergency exit points. This way, event attendees will know where they have to go at the time of crisis.
Thus, if the exit gates are marked and clearly communicated, the crowd will not panic during an emergency. And this will reduce the chance of crowd crush or stampede.
Follow these best practices to keep your crowd under control.
So now you know which concert ticket generator to choose for trouble-free and authentic entries to your concert. Create tickets now and make your concert hassle free.