There is something about the aura of Spring that calls for celebration. Whether it is the sun, the cozy feeling, or the flowers in their full state- everything seems sweet and beautiful.
Spring brings the most natural of celebrations ever, and we are telling exactly how to do it correctly with 6 wholesome Spring party themes.
A. Spring party theme ideas to set the warm and cozy mood
- Spring tea party
Spring is the perfect time to gather with friends and family for a tea party. It is the time of the year when the weather warms, the flowers begin to bloom and everything seems a little too pretty. Here is how you can celebrate a perfect spring tea party with your friends, family, or colleagues-
- The first step is to choose the perfect location. It could be your backyard, a local park, or even your living room. Prepare the guest list beforehand to make sure you choose a venue that will accommodate everyone. Have backup plans if you are hosting an outdoor party, in case of inclement weather.
- The stars of any tea party are the tea and the treats. Keep an option of a variety of teas to suit your guests’ tastes, such as black, green, herbal, or fruity teas. Offer a variety of sweet and savory treats such as scones, sandwiches, bite-sized desserts, and a selection of gluten-free and vegan options for a more inclusive experience.
- To create a classic elegant feel, consider using pastel colors, floral decorations, and vintage tea sets. Provide comfortable seating and play soft background music to create the perfect ambiance.
- Activities and entertainment can take your spring theme party to the next level. Set up a photo booth with props, host a tea-tasting game, or provide a craft activity for guests to make their tea cozies.
- Spring pool party
Pool parties set the stage for fun and make entertainment so much easier and natural. It welcomes the casual atmosphere without you having the stress of entertaining. There are so many things you can do at a pool party. Follow these tips to plan the perfect pool party-
- Allow guests to choose from a buffet. Keep options like sandwiches, wraps, potato salad, and dips. You can put them in a tiered stand to make it easily accessible while adding dimension to the table arrangement. Also, include a selection of healthier options for people who follow specific dietary guidelines.
- If you are getting kids involved, you can have an easter-egg hunt themed party. You can also set up an arts and crafts station or set up a mini-stage to offer them the chance to perform.
- Set up the site comfortably with cushions and pillows. There is also an option to put paper lanterns and pastel streamers to add a colorful ambiance. Place freshly cut flowers in clear vases and add colorful glass marbles in the bottom to complete the spring look.
- Arrange large and lined garbage cans that are set along the fence and marked for recycling and regular garbage. This will keep you off the burden of clearing all the dishes away as you would in a more formal setting.
- Spring garden party
As the warmth of spring sets in, an incredible way to celebrate the onset of the season is by organizing a garden party. Here are some tips on how to plan one-
- Play heavily on the spring theme. From invitations, and table decor to even dress codes- keep everything related to spring. Encourage your guest to dress up for Spring as well, it will make great pictures.
- To keep the vibe of your party fun and casual. serve finger foods, fresh fruits, veggies, or even a cheese and cracker platter. These are simple but thematic ideas. Don’t forget to include dips and chips.
- For drinks, pre-make your cocktails, mimosas, or sangria, or create your signature punch bowl.
- Set up garden spring party theme games like lawn bowling, sack race relays, or darts. You can even play board games or set up a good old old game of charades.
- Give your guests potted plants, seeds, and planting instructions or hand-crafted flower arrangements. This will make great party favors for the theme.
- Spring Easter egg hunt party
Spring is synonymous with Easter and what is a more exciting time than now to have an Easter egg hunt? Hosting the perfect Easter egg hunt is essential to get all the Easter festivities started. Here is how you can make sure to have the perfect Easter egg hunt party-
- Easter can be a busy time so ensure to get out your invitations early. This will allow people to set aside time on their calendars. Ask people to revert or RSVP to help you know the expected number of people at the party.
- Have a plan B ready just in case you face unexpected rain or if temperatures drop precipitously. The best way to prepare for this is to check your local weather forecast and think through how you will hide the eggs indoors if necessary. Also, find a new way to communicate the change of location to your guests, if any.
- Let people know if they should bring their containers for collecting eggs or if you will supply them. In case you supply the containers, they can serve as Easter gift baskets as well as party favors.
- Have name tags for guests so that everyone can make new friends faster. Keep a table at the entrance of the party with ready name tags and markers, or create a craft activity by offering eff-shaped name tags that guests can decorate themselves.
- Hide the eggs strategically and according to your audience type. For example, if the guests are children, place the eggs in full or partial view on the ground or in low areas where they can reach easily.
- Serve plenty of drinks and nutritious snacks on hand. Carrot sticks with hummus or ranch dressing will make great Easter snacks.
- Have a dedicated photo area with a backdrop of pretty trees and flowers or create a photo area yourself with Easter decorations and props.
- Make a grand appearance of the Easter bunny. Ask a family member or friend to show up in a costume or find out if any community or civic groups in your area can be booked for any bunny appearances this time of year. This is a great way to delight your guests with a surprise.
- Spring picnic at a park
Spring is the perfect time to gather outside with your friends and family and spend peaceful, quality time. What is a better way to do this than a picnic? Here is how
- Start by finding your spot. Do a little research and look up local lakes, hiking trails, parks, or any other scenic location feasible for the participants. Backyard picnics are also a season favorite, meaning you don’t have to travel far to find the perfect spot.
- For a comfortable setup, pack blankets and some pillows to be extra cozy. Remember to check the weather beforehand so that you don’t get caught in any unexpected showers.
- Plan for outside games like a frisbee, cornhole, volleyball, or soccer. Bring along the Polaroid for fun family photos.
- Pack the snacks, they are the most essential to your picnic. You can either shop the snacks at a local bakery or prepare them yourself at home.
- After you finish, ensure that you clean up any garbage. Aim for an eco-friendly option if you are bringing plates or utensils. Avoid plastic and reusable materials.
- Spring movie night
Movie nights are always fun but movie nights in Spring in special. There is something sweet about the air and the environment of Spring, that make Movie nights a great Spring party theme.
- You don’t need much for a movie night, but a large screen and good speakers are a must. If the party involves seniors, make sure that all of your guests can comfortably see and hear the movie. A large TV works well, but a projector is an even better option providing a more cinematic experience,
- The movie you choose to play will have a profound influence on the night as a whole. Seek out crowd-pleaser, universal, Spring-vibe type of movies. Some movies we recommend- are Pride and Prejudice, High School Musical, The Sound of Music, and 10 Things I Hate About You.
- Create a cozy atmosphere to give participants a completely immersive experience while being comfortable. Arrange for comfortable seating and pull out some blankets in case it gets chilly. Finally, set the lighting to dim.
- Movie nights without popcorn are incomplete. Consider offering a selective range- salted, buttered, cheesy, caramel, and so on and have a plentiful amount of hand. You could even offer other movie snacks like candy, pretzels, and chips as well. For a healthier option, provide fruit slices and chopped vegetables along with peanut butter or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Discuss the movie after the credits roll. Encourage everyone in the audience to share their thoughts and engage in discussions. To start the session and get everyone to speak, ask everyone to rate the movie on a scale of 1 to 10.
What’s your plan?
We have mentioned only a few popular Spring party themes, but you can host anything, or even come up with your innovative ideas. After you are done finalizing your idea- reach out to Ticket Generator.
We will help you streamline your event planning and registration process with full customization options. Want to know more?